CISCO – RSP720-3CXL-10GE
|Manufacturer Part Number||RSP720-3CXL-10GE|
|Manufacturer Website Address||http://www.cisco.com|
|Product Name||10 Gbps Route Switch Processor|
|Product Type||Route Switch Processor|
|Application/Usage||Wide Area Network|
|Media & Performance|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||10 Gbit/s|
The 7600 Series Route Switch Processor 720 with 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks (RSP720-10GE) is designed to deliver the high scalability, performance, and fast convergence required for today and tomorrow’s demanding voice, video, data, and mobility (quadruple-play) services.
The 7600 Series RSP720-10GE (Figure 1) offers Carrier Ethernet service providers tremendous flexibility, scalability, and performance at the access or aggregation edge while deploying advanced IP video and triple-play (voice, video, and data) system applications in both the residential and business services markets.
In essence, it gives service providers and enterprises true service convergence with the ability to manage a wide variety of applications over a range of access media using a single platform, the 7600 Series Routers.
The 7600 Series RSP720-10GE includes the following:
● Two X2-based 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports (with line rate forwarding)
● Two Gigabit Ethernet Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) ports and one 10/100/1000 gigabit port for additional flexibility: This port-level flexibility allows you to position the 7600 Series at the access edge connecting with a 10 Gigabit Ethernet port uplink and a Gigabit Ethernet port uplink. The two 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports help save a slot that you can use for an additional high-density Ethernet module, shared port adapter (SPA), or SPA interface processor (SIP).
● Crossbar switch fabric: The 7600 Series RSP720-10GE has a new and enhanced 720-Gbps crossbar switch fabric and the same new application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC)-based forwarding engine that is used by the RSP720. This single module delivers 40 Gbps of switching fabric capacity per slot, supporting 4-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 48-port 10/100/1000 density line cards.
● Standby as an independent forwarding line card: In a redundant configuration, the 7600 Series RSP720-10GE introduces the unique capability of the standby processor being able to operate as an independent distributed forwarding line card.
With hardware-enabled forwarding for IPv4, IPv6 Unicast and Multicast, and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), the 7600 Series RSP720-10GE can provide high-speed central forwarding with rich packet-processing features such as access control lists (ACLs), quality of service (QoS), MPLS VPNs, and more. The 7600 Series RSP720-10GE delivers a rich set of IP features in hardware for applications such as subscriber aggregation, IP Forwarding, Layer 2 and Layer 3 MPLS VPNs, and Ethernet over MPLS (EoMPLS) with QoS and security features.
The 7600 Series RSP720-10GE comes integrated with two new daughter cards:
● 7600 Policy Feature Card (PFC-3C or PFC-3CXL): Performs Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding in hardware with consistent performance, even with intensive features enabled such as ACLs, QoS, generic routing encapsulation (GRE), or Network Address Translation (NAT). The card executes the following functions:
◦ Performs Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding
◦ Enforces ACL functions
◦ Performs QoS policing and marking
◦ Collects NetFlow statistics
◦ Offers Control Plane Policing (CoPP)
● 7600 Multilayer Switch Feature Card (MSFC4): Runs Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols and performs all the control-plane functions.
● The 7600 Series RSP720-10GE is generally available from the Cisco IOS ® Software 12.2(33)SRE release train.
● Support for the RSP720-10GE is only available on a limited basis for Cisco IOS Software 12.2(33)SRC, 12.2(33)SRD release trains.
Supported chassis and line cards
7603-S, 7604, 7606-S, 7609, 7609-S, and 7613* models
* The 7613 is only supported from Software Release 12.2(33)SRE2 onwards. The RSP720-10GE will not support 7613 chassis with earlier IOS release.
The 7606 is not supported in any version with the RSP720-10GE
All of the Ethernet Services Plus modules (7600 Series ES+) are supported
SIPs and SPAs:
● 7600 Series SPA Interface Processor-600 (Cisco 7600 SIP 600)
7600 Series/Catalyst® 6500 Series Enhanced FlexWAN Module
All of the 7600 Series Ethernet services modules are supported
High-density Ethernet cards (part numbers):
• WS-X67xx (WS-X6704-10GE and WS-X6708-10GE are both supported)
Distributed forwarding cards (part numbers)*:
** Note that the rule of the least common denominator applies in a 7600 Series chassis and the lowest level of PFC or DFC dictates at which level the entire chassis operates. A DFC3B forces the 7600 Series configuration to run in 3B mode, regardless of the PFC-3C (or -3CXL) of the RSP720-10GE.
10 Gigabit Ethernet:
• X2-10GB-LRM= (12.2(33)SRE and later)
• X2 10GB-ZR= (12.2(33)SRE and later)
• X2-DWDM (12.2(33)SRE and later)